Monday, February 27, 2012

Personality Quirks

I've been thinking a lot lately about the quirks of personalities. I have been at my office long enough to really understand and appreciate the quirks of the different players in my office, and I realize that those are the very things that make everyone so interesting.

There are two women in particular that I really admire. I realized it's not so much WHAT they do (although they are excellent at their jobs) but it's HOW they do it. They've both really made an impression on me, and I hope to someday, somehow, somewhere leave an impression on someone else. They are, interestingly enough, about as opposite as night and day.

So. That said, here are a few quirks in my little family:

Ethan: will only sleep on his tummy. Likes to have his back rubbed. Loves to say "bubble" regardless of whether or not it has meaning at that particular moment. Will only eat dinner if he sees his sister eating dinner. Will hold food in his mouth for hours without swallowing if you try to force him to eat. Says "ouch!" when he's not hurt when he wants attention. Loves cuddles in the morning and at night....but not any other time.

Lucy: doesn't like chocolate. Favorite movie is Dumbo. Likes to climb. Is protective of her brother. Prefers just honey on her sandwiches....no butter or peanut butter....just honey. Is afraid of the dark. Thinks shadows are alive.

Tom: has a weird skin fetish; he's constantly "pushing his skin back in place" if I rub his hand a certain way. Is super picky about his socks. HATES having his face touched, unless it's with the outside of your hand...no palms for fingertips. Has a very particular way of brushing his teeth. Won't eat "left overs" over 1 day old.

Miriah: cannot stand the squeak of Styrofoam. Fanatic about the living room; do not like clutter in that room! Dissects anything with a wafer into pieces before eating it (Kit Kat barks, Nutty Buddys, etc.)

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA those are too funny. Its now getting me thinking about my family.

    ReplyDelete