Friday, May 6, 2011

Running

I finally broke down and started getting up before 6 a.m. to go running. I never thought I'd be one of those early morning runners, but running at night was really becoming a chore. I found I really didn't like running anymore, I did it out of obligation. And it cut into my time with Tom after the kids went to bed. I would literally start dreading it the moment I got home.
So for the past two days I tried running in the morning on a trial bases. I have to get up at 5:45 to get everything done on time, but it's SO WORTH IT!
I absolutely love it. Today I ran 4 miles in 32 minutes. I'm training for a 10K at the end of the month, and my goal is a respectable (though not spectacular) 58 minutes. I've already hit that mark a few times in practice runs. But in running shorter distances at faster times, I'm hoping to improve my long distance times, too.
Either way, I find it refreshing, invigorating, and a great way to start my day! And, I enjoy my evenings more, too!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Nice job! Hooray for a new schedule that actually might work ;) I love it when that happens.

    ReplyDelete