Monday, June 27, 2011

Just some thoughts

At work we're preparing to end a Fiscal Year and start a new one. Last year I left around this time on maternity leave. It is so strange to look back at where I was then, and where I am now. I'm not big on reminiscing, but it really seems like so much has changed in the last year. I guess primarily with my work. Taking this promotion has changed everything about my life, it seems. It's mostly good--but so....unsheltered. I never used to be "in" on any of the drama, concerns, administrative decisions. I found out when everyone else found out. Now, I get worried if there's a meeting without me, a decision I didn't know about before everyone else, etc. Being privy to such information has good and bad elements to it. I am so grateful to be in the position I am, and I KNOW I've never loved a job as much as I love this one. But it really has lost all of its simplicity. It seems like a lot of things have lost their simplicity.
One of Tom's favorite sayings is "It's not a magic show when you're the magician." That pretty much sums it up. All of the employee gatherings/parties/activities aren't the same because I'm the one planning and executing them. Again, not complaining, it's just very, very different at the close of this Fiscal Year when compared to last year.
Those are my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment