Friday, June 18, 2010

Lucy and her best friend Genevieve

For the past 8 months Lucy has been going to Genevieve's house three times a week while I work. She LOVES playing there, loves Becky (Genevieve's mama), loves everything about it. It made going back to work possible because I know Lucy is loved and taken very well care of while she's there.
But life happens, and Becky and her husband are moving their little family across the country for a new adventure; Neil (said husband) got into law school, and will be starting in the fall! I am so excited for them. But, a selfish part of me is SOOOOO sad to see them go. I've been crying for a week, ha ha. Lucy will ask for "Bucky" and "Baby" (even though Genevieve is her same size, she still calls her baby) for a long time after they've gone, I'm sure. I will miss Becky very dearly, as she has become a very good friend, a wonderful example of womanhood, and someone I trust very much.

Because of the way my maternity leave falls, today is Lucy's last day there. It won't be easy to find another place as good as Becky's for Lucy, but I'll have some time while I'm on leave to look around and test a few places out. I know we'll find somewhere she and the new baby will love, and Lucy will make new friends. But gosh, it's hard to let a good thing go!
So, this is a shout out to Genevieve, Lucy's best friend, and Becky, one of mine :0)

We love you!















2 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike ;) I think we were both blogging about the same thing at the same time! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O my goodness such sweet pictures of your little Lucy girl. Love them! Thanks for sharing... I feel for you trying to find a new daycare for your babes not easy, but you will find someone I am sure. Love to all

    ReplyDelete