Sunday, January 31, 2010

Baby Ethan Thomas Griffith

We had another ultrasound (I swear, I've had a million). This was the official "20 week, gender-identifying" one. So even though we already knew it was a boy, this ultrasound confirmed it beyond a doubt. Both doctors that examined me said, "Wow. No guess work with this one...it's a boy." I guess he's not shy. We had a boy and girl name already picked out, and now know we'll be going with Ethan Thomas Griffith. I'm nervous to have a boy...it's all girls in my family. Tom will have to help a lot :0)

Everything looks good. He's measuring a few days small, but well within the standard deviation. Lucy was a really small baby (5 lbs) so our babies might just be small when they're born! Of course, that makes me wonder why I gain so much weight...ha ha. Oh, well, I'll lose it later. I guess I tore my placenta in three or four places. Most of the tears were mostly healed, and there were two that were still showing a significant amount of blood. But I'm not bleeding, so it'll probably reabsorb into the placenta.

I'm starting to show, and really feel pregnant.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! We were thinking about Ethan for a name as well! I hope things continue to go smoothly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the name Ethan!!! If we have a boy, we won't name him Ethan, so there will be one less name for ya.
    Glad to hear things are going well for you this pregnancy.
    I'm with ya on the weight gain, Parker was 5 lbs also so why did I gain 35, oh well, its all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOO-HOO!!! Congratulations with the "official" news of a boy. I love the name also and Lucy and Ethan will be best friends! Keep taking care of yourself and know you are all loved. Aunt Nana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh such good news! I'm glad to hear that things are cook'n right along. Boys are sooo much fun, and believe me, if you have the hang of girls, a boy is gonna be a walk in the park!

    ReplyDelete