Friday, June 26, 2009

My Calm in the Storm

This week has been a really tough one for me. Nothing too dramatic, just a lot of mini disasters, ranging from mysterious and creepy bugs in my kitchen (I've already shared my feelings on creepy crawling things) to a very unhappy, screaming baby, to my car suddenly not starting for no apparent reason. The car was kind of a final straw for me. I broke down into tears and called Tom at work.
Tom has had a pretty stressful week at work, too. But he really came through for me. He took an extra long lunch and drove all the way home (about a 20 minute drive one way) and diagnosed the problem. He didn't have enough time to fix it, but he took me to lunch, and was just so calm, possitive, and reassuring that it was impossible for me to stay upset! He offered to leave me the LandRover if I needed to run erronds before he got home. I declined, but he was just so sweet to drop everything and come to my rescue. It made all the difference; after he left to go back to work, things just didn't seem so bad.
Thanks honey, you're the best!
Here are some pics of my sweetheart:
Tom "t.p.ed" his professor's house his senior year with a bunch of friends
At Thanksgiving last year in Wyoming; his first trip to Powell/Deaver


He's a wonderful Daddy



Random, but I just love his puppydog eyes in this one. I didn't even know he was taking a picture, which is why I look so weird.


At Lucy's Blessing




2 comments:

  1. That was pretty sweet! ahh tom gets kudos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got to love our hubs. They are the greatest.
    Sorry about the not so great week.

    ReplyDelete