Monday, November 2, 2009

I GOT A JOB!!

I was offered a job today that could not be more perfect. I will be the volunteer coordinator for the Family Support Center. It's a non-profit organization that works to prevent child abuse and strengthen families. They offer counseling, parenting classes, and work with women to become economically independent so they can leave abusive situations. I will be recruiting and coordinating volunteers to help this program. I'll also be giving presentations and pulic speeches to different groups in the community about who we are and what we do.
The job is only 20 hours a week, and I set my own schedule. So it's perfect because I won't be away from Lucy too much. I also already found childcare for Lucy. I feel like it all just fell in my lap! I feel so blessed! Because it's so part time I'll still be able to do it after the baby is born as well :0)
I am so honored to have been chosen because I know a lot of qualified people interviewed; I heard one of the inverviews through the door while I was waiting for my first interview. I also saw many of the people who applied, and they all looked very together and professional. So I can't believe they chose me, two interviews later!
I start Monday, which is perfect because the race is Saturday. It feels so great for things to be coming together after such a trying few weeks. (They weren't all bad, though.)

3 comments:

  1. I already said this on facebook- but Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she hasnt hadn't had her yet. She's in labor right now actually..

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you and so glad that things are going the way you would like them to. It sounds ideal for you and your talents.. with your passion for what is right and your zeal for life you are the perfect person for the job. Way to go Riah Kate! Love you tons!!!

    ReplyDelete