Monday, November 30, 2009

New House!

So Tom and I both had a four day weekend for Thanksgiving...but it actually felt like a break to go back to work! In order to get all the remodeling done in time, there wasn't a single night we went to bed before 3 A.M. But it's mostly done now, just a few loose ends to tie later. I could kick myself for not having my camera to take before and after pictures; we really changed it a ton! For starters, there was a full wall between the kitchen and living room that we took out to open the room. Then, the kitchen was the most offensive shade of robin egg blue I've ever seen. Plus, the living room was a yucky, chipping, yellowed color. Needless to say, repainting was a must. Then add a few curtains, some blinds, and of course, a Christmas tree...and call it home!
The carpet and kitchen was brand new, which is great. I LOVE our shower, the shower head is like, 10 feet tall! And the shower is done in sandstone tile, so you feel like you're under a waterfall or something. It's four bedrooms (well, 3 and a half) 2 bath. The outside doesn't look like much; just a simple grey house on the corner. But it's OUR simple grey house. Plus, the inside is a lot bigger than it looks from the outside, so I'm thrilled. Here are some pictures! There are a few boxes in the pictures; we're still working on it. When it's done though, you're all invited to our housewarming party! Archway Tom made; and yes, that's a PINK kitchen. I still giggle every time I look at it.
Still can't believe he let me paint it pink :0) Little office


front entry way

Tom's carport


Front of house. It kind of looks like a trailer house from this angle...but it's not






Master bath shower




Master bedroom (messy, I know, I know. I'm getting to it)





Living room








Living room from the another angle







Hallway











Guest bathroom












Guest bedroom












Lucy's bedroom











3 comments:

  1. it really is official!! with all that freaking hard work, it feels like your yours now i'm sure.
    awesome awesome timing too! im floored with how fast everything was done.
    couldn't be more excited!! the house is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! I am so amazed at everything you accomplished in such a short short time. What a lovely home you have for your ever growing family. It is just the best feeling to know it is your house and that you can put a nail in the wall anywhere you want or paint the walls any color you want. My heart is so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. woot woot! That is awesome. It must be so exciting to be homeowners. The house looks great, but I can't wait to see it in person. Cograts and good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete