Monday, October 19, 2009

Chocolate massages and other such updates

"Hey Miriah, why haven't you been posting any pictures?" Because I'm lazy, that's why. But here are some updates. First, I sent off my final revision to my prospective agent about a week ago. It was the first time I was able to hold all 310 pages in my hands! It was a big moment for me. Now I just wait...and wait....and wait. I won't hear back for a few more months.
Second, for General Conference, my cousin Cody came over. She is going to massage therapy school, so after the session was over, we made brownies and she gave both Tom and I deep tissue massages! Chocolate and massages...I was in freakin' seventh heaven! She is this tiny little girl, but she is SOOO STRONG! I couldn't believe she could do two hour long back to back massages. We loved having her over :0)
And lastly, Tom flew to Arizona today for a business trip. Before he left we were able to get a date in. It had been a long time since we'd gone anywhere just the two of us, so it was really refreshing to be Tom and Miriah for a few hours instead of Mom and Dad. We really appreciate and love Jeannette, who is always willing to babysit for us at a moment's notice. You rock, girl! Yes, I took a picture of myself holding my manuscript :)
Look how thick that baby is!


Cody doing Tom's massage. Love that girl.

Lucy licking out the brownie bowl!




She's so excited!



DATE NIGHT!!! (someone, please tell me how to rotate pics on blogspot...please!)






4 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of the massage! I hope Cody moves back this way so I can enjoy a few of those :) :) I am so amazed by you, I don't know if I've ever written 300+ pages in my entire life!
    O ya, you have to rotate the pictures before you upload them into your post. When you are selecting your pictures to post, (in the little pop up window that shows all your files) just right click on the picture you want and it should have an option to rotate clockwise/counter-clockwise. Hope that helps, sorry if it's confusing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute post, love the pics of Lucy enjoying the brownies. And a massage wow that would be to die for. amazing i'm sure.
    Also congrats on the manuscript, very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for your waiting to be over and you have fantastic news for us! :) Love the picture of my girl (and I have been the lucky recipient of one of her massages when I came down to go dress shopping with her for her wedding so I know first hand how wonderful of a job she does) and love you, Tom and that adorable little Lucy girl too. Thank you again for being the wonderful you that you are. Aunt Nana

    ReplyDelete