Saturday, October 3, 2009

Random Camping Trip

So Tom had a camping itch randomly this weekend. Despite the freezing cold, he absolutely insisted we go camping. So, we did. It was cold, and I'm not much of a camper, but I was surprised at how much fun we ended up having! I think random, spur of the moment trips make the best memories :0) Lucy did pretty well for her first camping trip. She loved the fire and exploring, but wasn't a fan of the tent. Thus, no one got any sleep. We were up by 5 a.m. because there was just no comforting her. Exploring at 5 a.m. She has two layers of clothes on...you can see her jeans, ha ha
Again, 5 a.m. She's happy. I'm not.




The hat is actually mine. A bit big on her









The night we got there. I'm still happy in this picture





family camping picture






Right after we set up camp. Freezing, but happy. I like this picture of us; Tom is handsome.








Only the most nutritous food for camping. Chips and hot dogs.







Warming water for hot chocolate...yum!









7 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! You guys must be pretty tough to go camping in that weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had fun, despite the cold weather. Cute pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh for Fun! We love to camp so if you ever want to go together we would love to go with you guys, but we won't be getting up at 5am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing. I stop going camping before labor day. I am such a wimp!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a good look'n family...it is fun to see you guys out enjoying time together, that is what it is all about!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounded like an all nighter:). but that picture of you and tom with your cute beanie is adorable! you have officially motivated me to want to go camping! can't wait to hear some more details about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Memories you will never forget for sure! I'm glad you got some time together away from it all. Tenting it is always hard on little ones but by this time next year she will love it I'd bet. Love to all, Aunt Nana

    ReplyDelete