Wednesday, October 14, 2009

New fitness goal

I forgot to blog that I did, in fact, meet my last fitness goal I blogged about. Yeah! So, on to the next. Now that I'm the weight I want to be, what about strength? My parents, some of you may know, are fitness freaks. There is no other word for it. Freaks. Anyway, they want to come visit Tom and I in our new house (fingers crossed on the closing date coming through) on my birthday (Nov 7th) and run the Turkey Trot 5K in Sandy while they are here. My dad wants me to run with them.
Now I love to run, but I've never really run competetivly. I prefer on my treadmill, where no one can see me, and where I am free to meditate and get lost in the rythm of my footsteps and breathing, without feeling pressure to go faster than the next guy. So my inital reaciton was, NO THANK YOU. But after giving it some thought, I decided, why not? I don't have to be competitive; I can just run it so say I've run a 5k. Might be fun.
So, I started training today (which just means I run a little more than usual. It's really not as intense as it sounds). I'm excited to do it. Plus, I really do like running, so it's the perfect way to spend my birthday, I think :0)
Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are amazing for sure. You will do great you have enough of both your mom and dad in you to do your very best. That will be SO much fun for all of you. What a great b-day present to yourself. Happy training! :)

    ReplyDelete